Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Prison for Dummies....Chapter one....Remanded to Custody.




If you have been reading my blog for very long, it should be clear to you that I am a people person. I live to serve my fellow man (nolo homo), and woman. I asked myself, what wisdom do I have to depart, that might in some small way help someone in need. I took a personal inventory. I am a 3 time divorced, convicted federal offender, living with 2 dogs, and 2 puppies in my bedroom closet. Okay ,a how to be a success by 40 seminar is out. I cant give any tips on how to get away with crime. Moral and ethical issues aside, I still haven't figured out that part myself. Then it hit me! Prison for Dummies.



With the ever increasing government infringement on privacy, you dear reader are but one faulty mouse click away from stumbling on to some illegal website, or a couple of errors in judgement , pick your poison, and the next thing you know you are on a school bus with wire mesh on the windows.



I will be covering the entire process, from the county lock up to the day you get paroled. From bright orange jumpsuits to ill fitting khakis and cardboard shoes. It's going to be the next best thing to actually being there. So strap a couple of phone books around your midsection, sharpen your toothbrush and don't make eye contact. Here we go.

I remand you to the Bureau of Prisons for 64 months

You are standing before the bench one minute, a little hungover from the night before. You knew this day was coming , but you aren't really prepared for the reality of the moment. Before you get your head around it, a U.S. Marshall in a navy blazer that reminds you of a movie usher, gives your elbow a squeeze and herds you through a door out of the courtroom. You go down a long hall, through a couple of doors that require the usher to punch in a code. Your escort opens a door that looks like a closet but is actually a holding cell, you sit for 3 hours.



Pretty boring so far, Huh? Boring is an oft repeated theme in the joint, so get used to it. Eventually one of the Marshals shows up, leads you down another hall and into a waiting van. After a short ride to Leavenworth Kansas, you arrive at CCA, the privately owned contractor who houses newly charged or convicted federal offenders. I wont spend any time on CC. It is a boring uneventful place. At CCA you wait, period.



One morning at about 3 or so, the lights in your cell will wake you up while simultaneously blinding you. There will be a couple of turn keys telling you to pack your bags, you are transferring out. You might take a bus or a plane. I took a bus, so that's how we are going today. Imagine a gray church bus with hard plastic seats, an eye bolt in the floor and mesh over the windows, and you have a picture of the prison bus. What is more insufferable than the bus , is the BOX. The box is a black metal sleeve that fits over handcuffs to transform them in to devices of torture. Im not shitting you, they hurt, and if you wear them for 9 or 10 hours, you may never use your hands again. The black box makes water boarding look like a relaxation technique. Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but it's pretty bad just the same.






So there you sit, staring out the window, not because there is anything worth looking at, but to avoid directly facing the fat guy sitting next to you. A guy so fat if he cut himself shaving , he would bleed gravy. Your travel companion exhales when he talks, and his breath smells like he has been eating shit sandwiches without the bread. You begin to question just how accurate your attorney was when he told you that you would go to a camp, Club Fed ! It almost had a nice ring to it, Camp. In a few hours you will discover that the term Camp just means prison. Camp brings to mind log cabins and making lanyards. Three twelve foot fences ensconced in razor wire does not look like a Camp. But that's what they call it. Welcome , you have just arrived ,U S P , Rochester Minnesota.


To Be Continued................................

9 comments:

  1. not that i plan to use any of this info, mind you, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I don't think I could convince you to go back to the Land of 10,000 lakes and do a little real camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is going to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prison for Dummies -this may sell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lawyer must have been on dope or sumpthin' cuz Rochester is no camp! Its a medical prison, and, its high security. I know, I went there too! My lawyer knew it was a medical prison and thought it would be the best place for me since I have a mild disability, but even he didn't realize it was a high security prison! Of course, once I got there, I also realized this was not going to be a picnic.. Needless to say, I hit the law library, learned the "game" from a few solid older convincts, and got myself a transfer...to a real camp!

    Did you ever finish this story?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm traveling to abrasion that ? Organisations such The Learning Well and The Speaking Well and well known individuals such as Tony Buzan, who developed Mind Mapping, have a huge focus in this area providing just such learning techniques, utilising all learning styles, to all those who aspire to give the gift of public speaking to children A is made of lighter material and is generally nylon/polyesterESPN's James Walker does a nice job breaking down Carson Palmer's trade value, even going as far as to compare Palmer to recently traded veteran quarterbacks Cutler passed for three touchdowns and 315 yards during the game, becoming the first quarterback in school history to record four consecutive 300-yard passing performances For tough games of NFL Football, you need a uniform that is comfortable even as you spend the whole day in it, practicing with passion and sweating profusely
    (1967): Alcohol and Mortality River Borkena crosses the town emerging from the east and running to the west direction Can you help more users to post your answers for How to buy pro players in NFL Blitz 2012?The Bills support then required charge as well as Lindell shut out the rating in the 4th quarter with a 41-yard field target as the falling Redskins soaked up their 3rd directly beat Yes, you have this sort of the large assortment to acquire marvelous affordable jerseys out there Keep this document safe, probably attached to your passport Speaking with a financial aid representative can give you a better understanding of your options, which may include scholarship opportunities, loans and grants
    All we have to do is understand what their drinking habits are and their choice of team before creating a perfect token of affection You can get the tickets to your most desirable shows online with very little effort In the playoffs, he caught a team-high 12 jet, but he does have a pair of GangRen team in the league championship decline The teams are almost spread across the many states of USA, which encourages a wide fan following across your wide nation This is a good place to buy for you! Come on as soon as possible, Take action! Our hat is made of 100% cotton, fitted, structured, high crown, normal bill with design2: Administration certification exam with Pass4Sure brain dumps is no more difficult as 100% same questions provided here Cross-cutting review, November 2002Department of Health (1998): Our Healthier Nation

    [url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-von-miller-womens-jersey]Von Miller Womens Jersey[/url]
    [url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/pierre-garcon-jersey-elite-c-6_28.html]Pierre Garcon Jersey[/url]
    [url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-von-miller-womens-jersey]Broncos Von Miller Jersey[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  7. mulberry and has made a remarkable progress since its birth
    After Prabal, I ran into cheap mulberry bags a slew of pals outside but decided a much needed coffee break was in order. (I really don't function on Saturdays.) So I headed off to Pastis where I ran into the amazing Robin Givhan. We nearly got a table for five, but alas, the hostess split us up.
    Mulberry outlet suppliers is legendary which is considered the initial stylist from the major with the bag of my wallet. Has the exclusive French designer from a mulberry tree or kelly bag Alexa females will cherish permanently by mulberry bag export mulberry request, because it never go out style. In mulberry, just about every bag by a practice of individuals from beginning to finish and deliver it to complete in in advance of by check into the client care.
    Famous brands are here to keep you busy building up your It-girl wardrobe during the warm season. Click here Could you think of so many versatile outfit ideas as presented below? The Mulberry Spring Summer 2012 pre-collection invites you into mulberry outlet a magical world where people sport a unique and different outfit every single day. Playing with basic clothing items and accessories guarantees diversity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prison for Dummies -this may sell

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.