Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween comes to the Paradise...


I'm going to try to have my next post up today, in the meantime take a look at this. As I said in my previous post on the Paradise Motel, when I was there during the day I could make out a faint reflection of a plastic Jack O Lantern through the mirrored glass but my camera couldn't pick it up, so I drove by there last night.



As you can see there is a plastic Jack O Lantern in the window. I'm pretty sure nobody is legally living there. There definitely isn't anyone looking to trick or treat at an abandoned motel. So I've got a couple of theories.


1. The homicide took place Oct 1st 2007. The owners may have put it in the window back then, and there it stayed.



2. Squatters might be trying to spook the local transient crack heads.



Maybe the owners are still paying the electric bill, which wouldn't make much sense. But it's a possibility.


Squatters may have illegally turned the juice back on. The office is barred shut, so the pumpkin is just sitting there, looking all spooky and shit.


Whatever the case, it makes for a hell of a Halloween photo.

5 comments:

  1. I would have to say it would be a prime spot for some paranormal investigators. I'd be curious to see what a legitimate group would find, but the motel is definitely not safe at night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Stuff Midtown,
    Give you props for driving in there at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I don't think I'd spend too much time hanging out there in the daytime, let alone at night. If the cops don't pick you up the creeps might pick you off. Cool posts, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the Paradise once 20 years ago or so. My girlfriend made me scrub the hot tub top to bottom for 45 minutes before she would agree to use it. I didn’t think it was necessary back then, but in retrospect it probably wasn’t a bad idea.

    You could hear hookers and other types plying their trade outside and through the walls. Strangely enough, she never agreed to go back there. I’m not sure I really wanted to either.

    ReplyDelete