Time after time we hear of some kid getting hold of a gun that the parents failed to secure. The latest is an 8 year old Grain Valley girl, who has ceased to exist all because her parents failed to protect her from herself. Kids are inquisitive, they do stupid shit, and it is "The Parents" job to keep them out of harms way. It's simple enough in the case of guns, you lock them the fuck up, you put trigger guards on them, you don't leave them loaded, you keep the bullets in a separate place. Simple really, yet these morons who pass for parents fail to follow a few simple guidelines to keep their children from killing themselves or someone else child.
Apparently the father is in the military, and the mother is distraught, so I expect this would be my cue to not be too harsh or judgemental, fuck that. I'm watching the spokesman for the Grain Valley PD being interviewed on the tube, he is talking in subdued tones, he says the mother is horribly upset, and the father is being rushed back from where ever he is stationed. Good, when he gets back, I say shoot him and the mother in the kneecaps and toss them both in jail. This type of shit is all too common and it is 100 percent preventable.
These two dolts are just as negligent as a parent who leaves crack laying out for their kid to ingest. A young life is cut short because the parents failed miserably, so there wont be any sympathy for these two accomplices to what is tantamount to criminal homicide. As far as I'm concerned, if these two absentee landlords, are seeking sympathy they will find it in the dictionary , somewhere between shit and syphilis.
mm - I couldn't agree more. Well, actually, I guess I could agree a little more. I also blame the fear mongerer's in the NRA who convince gullible hicks that the world is SO DANGEROUS that they should be packing heat at all times, ready to bring down the evil-doers.
ReplyDeleteIn over half a century, I've never been robbed, attacked or had my home invaded. Not once...ever. And I've lived in some fucked up areas.
People don't need guns.
What is interesting is that the mom in your previous story is suing her daughter's friends for the death of her daughter, when the friends are clearly not at fault. Then you have this story where the parents are clearly AT FAULT, and no one is holding them accountable. What the heck was a loaded gun doing in a house with an 8 year old? Absolutely no excuse in my book. The mother and father may be the best parents in the world, but they clearly made a huge mistake...which cost them their daughter's life. Stupidity!!
ReplyDelete